March 18, 2005

Horse 315 - I Like...

I like confusing people by having the numbers of Horse out of order.

The Sound of Music may have had a list of favourite things, this isn't that. This is a list of stuff I like...

I like having a book that I can read again and again and still learn stuff out it.
I like the word truncated because it isn't; I like the words abbreviated and dyslexia for the same reason.
I like catalogues and shifting spanners.
I like sleet and cold driving winds biting into the poorly clad flesh of protest marchers.
I like being in the coalition of the willing. I like thrusting democracy on unsuspecting victims. Take Iraq... Please.
I like the way the rich and stupid are no longer excluded from universities.
I like the fact I can’t remember anyone who appeared on Big Brother 2 or 3.
I like the fact that I don’t know the name of the Leader of the Democrats either.
I like the fact that I don't know who is on X Factor.
I like the way justice has been taken out of the courts and has been put onto the airwaves.
I like truth, and the way the government still uses it occasionally to keep us guessing.
I like our Medicare system. No really I do.
I like that kids still look up to their country’s leaders as role models. My young neighbour hid my keys in the front garden and lied about it the other day. When I challenged her she said it was irrelevant.
I like H.M The Queen.
I like being burnt to a crisp by the sun and then freezing to death in the same day.
I like paying a fortune in tax and then wondering why my taxes aren't being used to fund services.
I like football and ragging non-football.
I like candlelit dinners.
I like it when the candle falls over, singeing the tablecloth.
I like small children and their capacity for mayhem, mischief, destruction and pure joy.
I like being next in a queue.
I like staring at people with an evil grin so they suspect something.
I like stories with surreal plots that start in the middle and finish in Tenterfield.
I like Tenterfield.
I like Tents.
I like burning stuff.
I like the concept of a sport that lasts five days and still achieves no result.
I like cinnamon flavoured stoats.
I like people who are serious enough to work hard and seriously twisted enough to take the mick out of themselves.
I like the ABC and I vote.
I like Fender Stratocasters.
I like my little Ford Ka (it's a cutie).
I like being aware that I'm sleeping in.
I like chunky bits in corn.
I like the fact that when you vomit, there's always bits of carrot in there whether or not you've actually eaten any. I reckon there's this guy who goes around chopping up bits of carrot simply so he can do this.
I like L4 OTH
I like how Astroboy didn't fight for truth and justice but for peace and equality.
I like how Astrologers actually think they can predict the future by looking at a bunch of stars - silly idiots.
I like the Numa Numa dance.
I like Frogurt
I like the company of affable ladies and fiducious gentlemen.
I like expecting the worst and then being pleasantly surprised.
I like working hard.
I like compiling stupid lists.

...but I don't like man-eating zombies with PhD's in Retro-Neurology getting onto the board of multi-national textile companies then claiming millions in Worker's Compensation before moving to Aruba to start a hybrid silk-worm/wind farm and setting up experiments on invisible extra-terrestrial beings with skin cancer and eating disorders.
I can deal with it though.

No comments: