May 03, 2005

Horse 337 - An Accident That Wasn't

Once again my faith in human kind has been reduced to nil. On Thursday I get a claims assessor from the insurance company to look at (wait for it) an entirely unbent motor car.

Once again proving my theory that Toyota drivers live in a Zone of Ignorance™ this chap in a Toyota Camry pulled out in front of me, so I threw out the anchors and stopped some 7ft behind him. Now in something bordering on ridiculous, I know have the somewhat arduous task of proving the non-existance of an accident... well the insurance assessors do, which is again stupid as there is no accident.

I could go into extensive forensic evidence how not even the screws which hold to licence plate aren't bruised, or how the damage above the trim line on the Camry is some 14cm above where my bumper would have hit but one thing remains in this...

In a world of liturgious people, the propensity for fraudulence increases. This man was schooled at the University of Life and took courses in Advanced Bastardry and Applied Tosspottery*.



*An introduction to this course is taught by Prof. Thommo Treebeard as especially applied to teams playing against Newcastle Utd.

No comments: