December 21, 2005

Horse 463 - V8 Supercars 3



Toca Race Driver 3, V8 Supercars 3 or DTM Race Driver 3: Same game different name depending on the markets. We have an official release date for it in Australia - 24th February 2006.

I was watching a beta release over at Grace Bros city store yesterday, some of the menus still hadn't been filled in and obviously quite a number of events had been cut out for demo purposes but let me just say, it looks smooth and is now getting to the stage where you could pass off a screen shots as a photo taken from a mobile phone.

No dobut B and B2 will be looking to re-assert their dominance on the console, but I will be making sure that when this comes out, I will be putting in the hard yards to steal the crown away. And that's not even why I want the game.

There are classic GP cars from the late 60's and those drop-dead gorgeous W156 Mercedes-Benz streamliners in the game just waiting to be thrashed. I hope that one major deficiency in V8 Supercars 1 and 2 is addressed and that is to run cars across categories and circuits. I would love to run 55 cars at Bathurst and have the DTM go head to head to the V8 Supercars and if they bothered with the BTCC them as well.

In the meantime you'll have to be content with the screenshots coming out of the Codemasters website, they are tempting indeed. Christmas came 2 months early as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: