April 19, 2006

3am Pondering... (need sleep)

Does God hold back things so that we properly appreciate them?
Does He give us things that we think that we can't handle to work harden us?
Why is it that seemingly unconnected events sometimes line up exactly?
How come some of the most interesting stories in people's lives happen purely by chance?

What is chance anyway?
Is there really such a thing as a random event?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:16


Maybe if I knew everything then there wouldn't be any wonder left. Would my brain explode if I knew every detail? Maybe not, but some things may be easier. Someone bigger than I already has everything worked out anyway, so I suppose my worry is pointless.

No comments: