April 07, 2006

iFive - 7th Apr

I was in Micky D's yesterday morning mainly because I'd run out of revs and found a coupon in the local newspaper. Whilst I was in there, I saw a kid of about 8 years with an iPod of their own. Being in Neutral Bay this didn't surprise me in the slightest but it made me think, "what sort of music does an 8 year old girl listen to?"

She'd be to young to understand the highly sexualised music that record companies want to jam down our ears these days and I very much doubt that she could relate to the mysogenist hip-hop and rap music that makes it's way to the top of the charts; nor do I suspect she'd be listening to Punk/Ska/Rock/Metal either. I remain mystified myself.

When I was 8 years old I was either listening to 60s Rock'n'Roll on vinyl (do kids these days even know what a record is?) or Ska which was on JJJ.

1. Place Young Children In The Bins Provided - City Rail
2. Poisoning The Pigeons In The Park - Tom Lehrer
3. 1994 The Big One - Radio 1
4. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
5. Fall To Pieces - Avril Lavigne

No comments: