July 30, 2006

Horse 601 - Am I A Professional?

This post come to you live from Myer Bourke St from the city of eternal rain, Melbourne.

Yesterday I was at a self-published artists festival for manga and other assorted comic type stuff. As my mega-epic still isn't finished or the website set up yet (though I am dangerously close) I went and draw some 16 page yon-koma short comics and sold those.

I sold all 40 copies of both that I had before 12pm after the con had started at 10am. Now I wouldn't consider this anything to holler about considering that I shan't break even oin the trip even before taking into consideration travelling costs, but at least my name is out there, and people in the world who may have spheres of influence have seen what a bizarre little world resides within the four walls of my mind.

My sister who had a last check over it before I took it down thought that it was kinda of quirky but looked really cute. I've also had people at the con make mention that it's totally different to the range of ornate comics which they'd seen earlier that day.

I think I'm starting to know my place in the landscape of this world. Hopefully in times to come I'll be more than just a hot-dog stand on the motorway. Hey, if Dinosaur Comics can produce 3 years of work without any changes in graphic, then it's not such a silly dream.

No comments: