January 17, 2008

Horse 846 - In Love With Chu



In November of 2005 the Pussycat Dolls in their badly misspelled album and series of singles proclaimed:
Nobody gonna love me better, I'm gon' stick wit Chu forever.
Nobody gonna take me higher, I'm gon' stick wit Chu..
You know how to appreciate me, I'm gon' stick wit Chu my baby!
Nobody ever made me feel this way, I'mma stick wit Chu...

In December 2006, Fergie (also of the Black Eyed Peas) told the world:
You got me slippin', tumbling, sinking, fumbling
Clumsy cuz I'm fallin in love
So in love wit Chu.

Apparantly the Queens of the Stone Age have some sort of building project:
I wanna make it,
I wanna make it wit Chu,
Anytime, anywhere,
I wanna make it,
I wanna make it wit Chu,

Someone who has the mental capacity of a 3 year old and refers to themselves simply as Da Brat, infected the airwaves this morning with the following gem of wisdom:
And it's the brat tat tat y'all
And its another album
Uh huh and its so phat phat phat y'all
Ooooh Im in love, Im in love, Im in love, Im in love wit Chu.

Popular music over the past 2 years has taken a decidedly strange turn. It has often been said that Eastern and Western Cultures collide in rather magical ways, though I tend to wonder why the music industry has a sudden interest in a 10th Century Southern Chinese Kingdom.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense really.

And now:


One Word Weather With Nelson Mandela

"Awful"

Oh come now Mr Mandela, cloudy weather isn't that bad is it?

1 comment:

James said...

Let's not forget Mr Timberlake...

It feels like something's heating up, can I leave wit Chu?

I don't know what I'm thinkin' bout, really leaving wit Chu.