September 26, 2008

Horse 919 - Tell Me Why



I'm going to show you a picture and I want you to think long and hard about it. Here goes:

Now what I want you to do, is search this picture long and hard to find... the point. Because I've been looking for nigh on 20 minutes and I still haven't found it.

This is the Peugeot 207 Touring. By Touring they actually mean a station wagon; by station wagon they actually mean why bother?

Firstly I don't understand why this car exists. It could be argued that the increased capacity of the bootspace from 270L to 337L could be an advantage, but considering that Peugeot itself offers the 307 at a cheaper price and the boot in that is 341L and that's before you even consider the 307 Touring, with the amount of money you have to play with, it would make more sense to buy a 307 in the first place, consdering that a base model 307 is only $25,490 as opposed to the 207 Touring which is less car for $29,790.

Then there is that dang awful styling on the rear of it. Admittedly they're trying to keep the family resemblance with the 407 Touring which by the way also looks dog ugly, but at least the 407 Touring can fit more than a couple of poodles in the back.

If anyone can find a point to this car, please let me know what it is. Or perhaps if you are from Peugeot and just happen to stumble across this page, then by all means give me one. I'm not so proud that I wouldn't accept a free car.

No comments: