June 25, 2009

Horse 1008 - Feeling Blue Today?

I usually don't give a rip about the game of handegg (not football) that is Rugby League, but for 3 games a year I am prepared to say...

QUEENSLAND!!!

I think that the NSWRL has a real problem with picking a run-on side for Origin III. Do they go with "youth" or "form", or some old heads, or a mix of all three? It's a dead rubber so should NSW be giving some guys a go who could be selected for the upcoming years?

Maybe they could go with Peter Berner or HG Nelson, Steve Pizatti, Tracy Grimshaw...
I honestly don't think it matters who is in the 17. The fact of the matter is that the Blues played like shash for 40 minutes with a revolving door defence, and then when they got within 4 points, threw that away as well.

I think we saw more ball handling errors in the first 40 mins than the rest of the regular season combined. Anyone who was wearing a Blue shirt last night looked like a nuff-nuff. Did anyone wearing a blue shirt look compotent at all?

Maybe, I might be a little biased but I think Watmough had a great game, pulling off great hits and breaking the line a few times, a shame there was no runners off his breaks.
I also think that the drink and chip seller who fell over at half-time, and that they showed in super slow-motion had an absolute blinder. He showed more heart than the people wearing blue on the field.

Where was Kimmorley? Kimmorley is the in-form half back of the comp so far, and where was he last night? Probably down at the local Ari going "I told you so. You should have picked me. I told you so. You should have picked me."

Rabs declared NSW State of Origin footy dead this morning. Send out the Umina Dragons U13s for all I care. They can't do any worse, can they?

Er...

QUEENSLAND!!!

No comments: