January 30, 2012

Horse 1273 - Rafael Nadal - Bok Bok Bok

Novak Djokovic finally beat Rafael Nadal 5-7 6-4 6-2 6-7 7-5 in apparently was the longest Grand Slam final in history. At the final presentation, both of them were so exhausted that they found it difficult to even stand up.

.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.

Ok that wasn't the point of this post, I just thought I'd mention it for a shred of sanity. The main point of this post is that I think that Rafael Nadal looks like a giant chicken.

Seriously.


I don't know if it's the headband that makes him look like he has a rooster's comb, or if it's his weird strut and scratch thing that he does on the court but I had the thought and it simply would not go away.

The Ladies' Final at the Australian Open had The Squealer versus The Grunter and so all manner of farmyard noises were provided by that match and although Nadal has his own series of grunts I still can't think of him as being anything other than a giant chicken.

It's weird because Nadal is Spanish and the national animal of Spain is the bull; Nadal just doesn't seem very bullish. I always think of him on the court as possessing a sort flair which is more Gallic and maybe that's the reason why I think Nadal is a giant chicken.

No comments: