March 03, 2012

Horse 1283 - A House You Used To Live In - 10 points (Total: 18)


Suburbia is an often scary place. This house which was/is otherwise called the House of Bach (short for Bachelor; rhymes with "Batch", not the Baroque composer and violinist), was my home for the majority of 2007 and is one of the former residences of both BJD and James Noblewho are both on this hunt for stuff.

I had a loft bed whilst living in the house, which meant that on very hot nights I couldn't switch the ceiling fan on for fear of accidentally being decapitated. I found that the room was quite adequate for fitting in a bookcase and all the electrical gear I had and so it was really quite cosy in there indeed.

One of the things I never really got the hang of was trying to go up and down the driveway. It's a narrow affair and the Ford Ka that I had, had a turning circle which was wider than a Ford Falcon. On one occasion the NRMA found it difficult to reverse up the driveway to recharge the little Ka's batteries which had failed because of the exceptionally cold mornings it found itself in.

No comments: